Transfer of Credit

Transfer of college credit to Hillsdale can be made only on an official transcript from another regionally accredited American collegiate institution. Regional accreditation must be through one of the following accrediting bodies in order to be recognized: Middle States Association, New England Association, North Central Association, Northwest Association, Southern Association and Western Association. Grades below “C-” will not be transferred for credit. Grades for courses transferred from other institutions are not factored into a student’s cumulative grade-point average at Hillsdale College.

College credits earned at Hillsdale College are generally accepted at other colleges and universities, subject to official evaluation. Grades below “C-” are not accepted in transfer. Requests for an official transcript of grades should be addressed to the registrar of the College.

Any student transferring from another institution must establish a satisfactory grade-point average at the end of his first semester as determined by the category into which the total amount of his transfer credit has placed him. Failure to do so will result in probationary status.